Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nozzle Part 1

Today I started on the extruder nozzles.  These are made from 360 Brass, which is super easy to machine.  I'm saving the threading for later, as I want to grab what will wind up being the threaded section in a collet to turn the tip.  I'm aiming for everything around the actual orifice being no thicker than .020".  I used a straight flute carbide bit to get the holes very smooth for lower friction, and with a known angle at the bottom (135deg).   

More goodies continue to arrive.  I decided that the non linearity and tiny size/delicate wires of the thermistor were going to be a problem.  Above is the AD595CQ which will go with the bolt-on thermocouple behind it.  I still have to come up with a board for this, I am going to try to come up with a single sided shield for the Ardunio to hold this, the FET's for power driving, and stepper output terminals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment